2019, no.2. Ismail Kerimov
Some chronologically disputable facts in the biography of Bekir Choban-zade
(SBEIHE RC “Fevzi Yakubov Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University”;
Crimean Scientific Center of Sh. Marhani Institute of History of AS RT)
Abstract. Well-known Crimean Tatar writer and a turchology scholar, professor Bekir Choban-zade`s (1893–1937) scientific biograpy being developed like monograph, to a great misfortune, because of a lack of very rare Crimean Tatar arabographic sources, such as newspaper “Vetan Hadimi” (1906-1908), magazines “Eshil Ada”(1920) and “Bilgi” (1921), some facts and datas connected with the time of his entering the primary school, period of study in Karasubazar Rushdie school and in Turkish “Sultanie” Lyceum are given incorrectly in works of previous researchers.In this article are introduced exact facts which were confirmed by notes and letters of B. Choban-zade himself, they make the biographical chronology clear and give objective information on the way of life of this well-known scholar.
Keywords: Crimean Tatar scholars, biography of B. Choban-zade, rare arabographic sources on the Crimean Tatar language
For citation: Kerimov I. A. Some chronologically disputable facts in the biography of Bekir Choban-zade. Krymskoe istoricheskoe obozrenie=Crimean Historical Review. 2019, no. 2, pp. 155–164. DOI: 10.22378/kio.2019.2.155-164
- Bekir Sydk”i. Idaree mektyup [Letter in edition] Terdzhiman [Translator]. 1909. No 25. June 16.
- Buldeev A. Tatarskij poet Choban-Zade [Tatar`s poet Choban-Zade] Golos Kryma [The Voice of the Crimea]. 1942. 12 April
- Kerimov I.A. «Vetan hadimi» gazetasy (1906–1908): tarihi ve munderidzhesi [History and content of the newspaper “Vetan hadimi”] Uchenye zapiski KIPU [Proceedings of the Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University], 2010. Issue 23. Pp. 105 – 111; Kerimov I.A. Istoricheskoe znachenie gazety «Vetan hadimi» (Karasuvbazar, 1906 – 1908 gg.) [Historical significance of the newspaper “Vetan hadimi»] (Karasuvbazar, 1906 – 1908)] Nauchnyj vestnik Kryma [Scientific Bulletin of the Crimea], 2018. No 3 (14). Pp. 1 – 24.
- Ursu D.P. Bekir Choban-zade. ZHizn’. Sud’ba. Epoha [Bekir Choban-zade. Life. Fate. Era]. Simferopol: Krymuchpedgiz, 2004. 276 p.
- Chapchak”chy H. Idaree mektyup [Letter in edition] Terdzhiman [Translator].1915. No10. January 14.
- Chapchak”chy H.YAlyboyu hanymlarynyn” hamieti. Odessadaki talebelerimizin teshekkyuri [Patriotism of Yaliboyu women. Gratitude of our students in Odessa] Terdzhiman [Translator]. 1915. No 25. January 31.
- Chapchak”chy H. Kuchyuk-Ozenbash [Kuchuk-Ozenbash]. Terdzhiman [Translator]. 1915. No 105. May 12.
- Choban-zade Bekir Sydk”i efendinin” nutk”u [The speech of Mr. Choban-zade Bekir Sydk i].Vetan hadimi [In the service of Motherland]. 1906. No. June
- Choban-zade B.Menim yazylarym … [My records…]. Simferopol: Tarpan, 2009. 252 p.
- Otar I. Kırımlı türk şair ve bilgini Bekir Sıdki çobanzade. Istanbul: Lebib Yalkın yayımları. 1999. 288s.; The same photocopy: Ursu D.P. Bekir CHoban-zade. ZHizn’. Sud’ba. Epoha [Bekir Choban-zade. Life. Fate. Era]. Simferopol: Krymuchpedgiz, 2004. 276 p.
About the author: Ismail Asanovich Kerimov – Dr. Sci. (Philology), Professor, Director of the Scientific Research Institute of the Crimean philology, history and culture of the Crimean ethnos, SBEIHE RC “Fevzi Yakubov Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University ” (295015, Simferopol, Uchebniy lane, 8, Crimea, Russian Federation); Leading Researcher of the Crimean Scientific Center of Sh.Marjani Institute of History of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences (420111, Kazan, Baturin Str., 7A, Russian Federation); firstname.lastname@example.org