2022. no 2. Eldar Vaniev
Features of administration of justice in the Crimean Khanate
(Fevzi Yakubov Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University)
Annotation. The article analyzes the problems of functioning of judicial system in the Crimean Khanate. The law institute of the Crimean judges was an important component of the Crimean judicial system. Its principals and features of development are analyzed in the article. A brief historical review of the establishment of qadi institution in the Muslim legal system is carried out. The independence of the development of the Crimean judicial system is indicated, its internal structure is considered. It was found out that the structure consisted of three levels, similar to modern. The Crimean khan was endowed with a special set of judicial powers. It was revealed that the administration of the justice in the Crimean Khanate had a high level of organization, characterized by a strict procedural order of court hearings. The author makes hypothesis that the Crimean judicial system had also sectorial specialization similar to modern.
Keywords: court, judge, khan, Sharia, sigil, qadi, law enforcement, judicial system.
For citation: Vaniev E.S. Features of administration of justice in the Crimean Khanate. Krymskoe istoricheskoe obozrenie=Crimean Historical Review. 2022, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 40–50. DOI: 10.22378/kio.2022.2.40-50 (In Russian)
1. Abdullaev I. Vozrozhdaemiy arhiv: tseli i perspektivy [Revived archive: purposes and perspectives]. Golos Kryma. [The Voice of Crimea. 2001, no. 6, pp. 5–1]. (In Russian)
2. Ametka F. Sudebnaya vlast’ v Krymskom hanstve [The judicial authority in the Crimean Khanate] [Electronic resource] URL: https://islam.in.ua/ru/
3. Ametka F.A., Khavaji D.R. Istoriko-pravovye aspekty organizatsii i osuschestvleniya sudebnoy vlasti v Krymskom hanstve (pervaya polovina XV – vtoraya polovina XVIII vv.) [Historical and legal aspects of the organization and implementation of judicial authority in the Crimean Khanate (first half XV – second half of the XVIII century)]. Uchonye zapiski Krymskogo federalnogo universiteta imeni V.I. Vernadskogo. [Scientific notes of V. I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University. Juridical science. 2019. Vol. 5 (71), no. 4, pp. 9–15].
4. Gusenova P. Islamskiy ugolovniy protsess: religiozno-pravovaya priroda i harakternye cherty (na primere Islamskoy respubliki Iran i korolevstva Saudovskaya Araviya). [The Islamic criminal process: the religious-legal nature and the characteristic features (on the example of Islamic Republic of Iran and kingdom of Saudi Arabia)]. Dissertatsiya na soiskanie uchonoy stepeni kandidata yuridicheskih nauk. [The dissertation for receiving a degree of the candidate of science of law. Saint Petersburg. 2016. 458] p.
5. Krym: proshloe i nastoyaschee [Crimea: the past and the present]. Мoscow: Idea, 1988. 107 p.
6. Lashkov F.F. Istoricheskiy ocherk kymskotatarskogo zemlevladeniya [The historical essay about the Crimean Tatars landownership]. Izvestiya Tavricheskoy uchonoy arhivnoy komissii ITUAK [The news of Taurida scientific archive commission]. ITUAK, 1894, no. 21, pp. 59–89.
7. Murtazin M.O sisteme islamskogo obrazovaniya na pososovetskom musulmanskom prostranstve [About the system of Islamic education on the post-Soviet Islamic space. Rossiya I novye gosudarstva Evrazii [Russia and the new states of Eurasia]. 2019. Vol. II (XLIII), pp. 88–102.
8. Peysonelle Sh. de. Zapiska o sostoyanii grazhdanskom, politicheskom i voennom Maloy Tatarii [The note about civil, political and military status of the Little Tataria]. Мoscow, 1755. 73 p.
9. Popov A.I. Vtoraya uchebnaya ekskusiya Simferopolskoy muzhskoy gimnazii v Bahchisaray [The second education tour of Simferopol male gymnasium in Bakhchisarai]. Simferopol: Taurida provincial printing house, 1888. 131 p.
10. Rustemov O. Kadiaskerskie knigi Krymskogo hanstva: issledovaniya, teksty I perevody [The kadiasker books of the Crimean Khanate: investigations, texts and translations]. Simferopol media center of I. Gasprinskiy. Simferopol, 2017. 280 p.
11. Tornau N. Izlozhenie nachal musulmanskogo zakonovedeniya [The report of the beginnings of Islamic jurisprudence]. Saint Petersburg. The printing house of 2nd department of Emperor’s Own Chancellery, 1850. 475 p.
12. E. Chelebi. Kniga puteshestviy E. Chelebi. Pohody s tatarami I puteshestviya po Krymu (1641–1667) [The book of E. Chelebi’s journeys. The campaigns with Tatars and journeys across the Crimea (1641–1667)]. Simferopol: Tavriya, 1996. 240 p.
13. Konstitutsiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The Constitution of Russian Federation] [Electronic resource]. URL: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_28399/
About the author: Eldar S. Vaniev – Cand. Sci. (Law), Senior Researcher, Research Institute of the Crimean Tatar Philology, History and Culture of Crimean Ethnic Groups, Fevzi Yakubov Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University (295015, Uchebnyy lane, 8, Simferopol, Russian Federation); email@example.com