2022. no 1. Eldar Vaniev
The Case of Ownership of the Lands of Kokkoz Valley (based on Archive Sources)
Abstract. On the example of covering a court dispute about the ownership of the largest land plot in the Crimea of the XIX century, the problem of the law enforcement in the field of land use in Taurida was raised. It points to such a feature of land use in Taurida province, as simultaneous functioning within the same territory of two land use systems: Islamic and continental. From a historical and legal point of view, the demand that arose is interesting in itself as a legal monument to complex land disputes in the Crimea in the XIX century.
Keywords: land, ownership, land use, court case, survey ing, group action.
For citation: Vaniev E.S. The Case of Ownership of the Lands of Kokkoz Valley (based on Archive Sources). Krymskoe istoricheskoe obozrenie=Crimean Historical Review. 2022, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 23–30. DOI: 10.22378/kio.2022.1.23-30 (In Russian)
1. Airchinskaya R. Rodnye berega [Native lands]. Golos Kryma [The newspaper “Voice of the Crimea”]. no 41 (256). 09.10.1998. P. 5. (In Russian)
2. Bulgakov T. Interview. 09. 11. 2021 y. [Electronic resource]. Interviewing E. Vaniev. Archive of E. Vaniev. Audio recording. (In Russian)
3. State Archives of the Republic of Crimea. F. 26. Kantselyariya Tavricheskogo gubernatora, g, Simferopol Tavricheskoy gubernii [Chancellery of Taurida Governor, Simferopol, Taurida]. Delo po predpisaniyu khersonskogo voennogo gubernatora D. de Risheliye o zemle, isprashivaemoy v sobstvennost’ kollezhskim sovetnikom Megmetshoy murzoy Kipchakskim [The case under the order of Kherson military governor D. de Richelieu about land requested by the adviser Mehmetsha Kipchaksky], inv. 1, case 673. (In Russian)
4. State Archives of the Republic of Crimea. F. 26. Kantselyariya Tavricheskogo gubernatora, g, Simferopol Tavricheskoy gubernii [Chancellery of Taurida Governor, Simferopol, Taurida]. Delo o spore za zemlyu pomeshchika Kazi s tatarami dereven’ Efendikoy i Eskel [The case of the dispute over the land of landowner Kazi and the Tatars of Efendikoy and Eskel villages], inv. 1, case 19297. (In Russian)
5. Lashkov F. F. Sbornik dokumentov po istorii krymskotatarskogo zemlevladeniya [The collection of documents about Crimean Tatars landownership (Continuation)]. Part 4. Izvestiya Tavricheskoy uchyonoy arhivnoy komissii [News of the Tauride Scientific Archival Commission]. Simferopol: Printing House of Taurida Government, no 25. 1896. P. 89–158. (In Russian)
6. Russian State Historical Archive. F. 383. Perviy Departament Ministerstva gosudarstvennykh imushchestv [First Department of Ministry of State Property]. Delo o zemelnom spore mezhdu tatarami 14 dereven’ Kokkozskoy doliny i pomeshchitsey Megmetshi beya [The Case about land use dispute between Tatars of 14 villages and landowner of Mehmetsha bey], inv. 1, case 673. (In Russian)
About the author: Vaniev Eldar Serverovich – Cand. Sci. (Law); email@example.com