2021. no 1. Vadim Maiko
A new stage in the study of medieval
Solhat and its district
(Review of the Book: A Code of Monuments of History, Architecture and Culture of the Crimean Tatars. Volume IV. Old Crimea. Kazan – Simferopol: Sh. Marjani Institute of H istory of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan, 2020. 208 p.: ill.)
(FSBSI “Institute of Archeology of Crimea of RAS”)
Abstract. The review considered the next IV Volume of a multi-volume publication: A Code of monuments of history, architecture and culture of the Crimean Tatars, prepared jointly by the Crimean Scientific Center of Sh. Marjani Institute of history of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan, the Department of History of Fevzi Yakubov “Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University” and the State Hermitage with the involvement of specialists studying the history and archeology of Solkhat. This volume is entirely devoted to the monuments of history, archeology and architecture of Solkhat – Stary Krym and its district of the second half of the XIII-XIX centuries. For the first time in Russian historiography, the most complete list of cultural heritage objects has been collected. All archaeological works were carried out in Solkhat and its district from the second half of the 1920s and up to today. Previously unpublished photographs and drawings are given in the volume. This publication is rightly considered a new stage in the study of this unique historical place of the Crimea.
Keywords: medieval Solkhat, districts of medieval Solkhat, a Code of monuments, history of study, attribution.
For citation: Maiko V. V. A new stage in the study of the medieval Solkhat and its districts (Review of the Book: A Code of Monuments of History, Architecture and Culture of the Crimean Tatars. Volume IV. Old Crimea) // Krymskoe istoricheskoe obozrenie=Crimean Historical Review. 2021, no. 1, pp. 261–268. DOI: 10.22378/kio.2021.1.261-268
1. Gavrilov A. V., Maiko V. V. Srednevekovoe gorodishche Solhat-Krym (materialy k arheologicheskoj karte goroda Staryj Krym) [Medieval settlement Solkhat-Crimea (materials for the archaeological map of the city of Old Crimea)]. Simferopol’: Biznes-inform Publ., 2014. 212 p.
2. Kramarovskij M. G. Solkhat-Krym: K voprosu o naselenii i topografii goroda v XIII–XIV v. [Solkhat-Crimea: To the question of the population and topography of the city in the XIII-XIV centuries]. Itogi rabot arheologicheskih ekspedicij Gosudarstvennogo Ermitazha. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov [Results of archaeological expeditions of the State Hermitage. Collected Articles]. Leningrad: State Hermitage Publ., 1989, рр. 141–157.
3. Kramarovskij M. G. Chelovek srednevekovoj ulicy. Zolotaya Orda. Vizantiya. Italiya [ The man of the medieval street. Golden Horde. Byzantium. Italy]. St. Petersburg: Eurasia Publ., 2017. 542 p.
4. Lomakin D. A. Musul’manskie pamyatniki Starogo Kryma XIII–XV vv.: istoriya izucheniya, sovremennoe sostoyanie [Muslim monuments of Old Crimea of the XIII–XV centuries: the history of study, the modern state] /
Ed. A. A. Nepomnyashchiy. Simferopol’: Solo-Rich Publ., 2015. 240 p.
5. Musaeva U. K. Narodnyj uchitel’: dokumental’nyj ocherk deyatel’nosti vydayushchegosya krymskotatarskogo prosvetitelya Useina Bodaninskogo [People’s Teacher: a documentary essay on the activities of the outstanding Crimean Tatar enlightener Usein Bodaninsky] / Ed. A. A. Nepomnyashchiy. Simferopol’: SGT Publ., 2007. 240 p.
6. A Code of Monuments of History, Architecture and Culture of the Crimean Tatars. Volume IV. Old Crimea. Kazan – Simferopol: Sh. Marjani Institute of H istory of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan, 2020. 208 p.: ill.
About the author: Maiko Vadim Vladislavovich – Dr. Sci. (History), Director of the FSBSI “Institute of Archeology of Crimea of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (295007, Simferopol, Academician Vernadsky Avenue, 2, Crimea, Russian Federation); email@example.com